Welcome to my website!
I'm Franki deMerle, author of Deception Past, a novel of past life identity theft, murder, blackmail, and forgiveness. Also Ripples On the Surface: My earliest collection of poetry often described as mystical, Dragonfly Dreams, a novel of romance and reincarnation, Five Flowers, a historical reincarnation novel (all characters are historical and reincarnate as historical characters), Child of the Universe, my second collection of poetry, and A Call to Contemplation, my third collection of poetry. I'm a Featured Author of the Independent Author Network. PLEASE VISIT THE BOOK PAGE ON THE MENU TO YOUR LEFT! (Thank you) Please scroll down on this page for a list of books by other authors.
Please check back from time to time as I make changes occasionally. Please also feel free to visit my blog, at www.DeceptionPast.wordpress.com. I welcome your comments. If you're so inclined, I'm on Facebook, www.facebook.com/FrankideMerleAuthor, and you can follow me on Twitter (I try to follow back).
A Call to Contemplation:Amazon:Kindle Store @FrankideMerle http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00YLBK0JU/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?qid=1433106523&sr=8-2&pi=AC_SY200_QL40&keywords=franki+demerle&dpPl=1&dpID=51-%2BO0LEKtL&ref=plSrch …
Sparkling silver-white air
Warmth that carries me above
Into the abyss of love
As soon as the light is sought
The shadow speaks its heart
And I cannot tell its voice apart
A Call to Contemplation Book Trailer:
Visit the Order Page
Child of the Universe Book Trailer
Five Flowers Book Trailer
My second collection of poetry is Child of the Universe. We, like all living creatures, are all children of the Universe, and like many, I am a child of the verse.
Earth works through various densities
The plodding, well-grounded change ever slowly
Water is the essence of fluidity
No limit to calm or wave
Life comes from water
And feeds on the earth
A world full of matter
Illusions all outward
Air flows freest—mere subtle friction
No obstacles, no impediment
Waves of change and existence
Inner essence of life and probable prediction
But fire is thermal—spark of light
Defines the basis of connectivity
Directing air waves higher for flight
We escape the earth on waves of light
ABOUT Five Flowers:
Five Flowers, a reincarnation novel, is available in ebook & paperback from Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and Katmoran Publications, or at
Five Flowers is a story of five women, each symbolized by her own flower, who struggle to find independence, values, and meaning for themselves as individuals in three group reincarnations. This character driven novel is the first of its genre: historical reincarnation. The women learn, evolve, and devolve through their experiences in life and death, poverty and wealth, and from within and outside society. Each group reincarnation is centered around one man and their mutual attraction to him.
Five Flowers is published by Kat Moran Publications, an independent publisher.
Five Flowers is also the start of a new genre. I call it historical reincarnation, or the reincarnation of historical figures. I have 2 more novels started in this genre.
About Dragonfly Dreams:
"There are places we can only reach in our dreams while our bodies sleep." Dreams can connect us. Dreams can come true. Dreams can reveal the past. Dragonfly Dreams is a story of changes required to break old patterns. Deandra, an Army officer, helps her sister Daphne escape an abusive marriage. Daphne finds the man she has been seeing her dreams, and they fall in love. The two sisters explore their past through past life regression and discover a surprising connection from the past between Deandra and her fellow soldiers that has brought them back together in southwest Washington state for a reason.
Reviews of Dragonfly Dreams:
- "When Major Ursa finds himself lucky enough to retire with financial security, he relishes the prospect of freedom from having to cope with difficult people and situations every day. However he soon discovers that retirement isn't a simple act of letting go; rather, he finds himself faced with new challenges. Can he let go of past resentments? Will he free his spirit to embrace new opportunities for love and friendship? Is he ready to act compassionately toward a stranger who is coping with pain and danger that he himself has never faced? He begins to realize that the keys to unlocking his new dilemmas are to be found in his previously unexplored and unexpressed dreams and emotions. He explores a new world of symbolism, ancient myth, psychic premonitions, past-life memories, and true love." — Karen VunKannon
- "Franki deMerle has done it again with a book of mystery, love and a certain air of suspense. The more I read, the more I wanted answers to the character's dreams but I wasn't really expecting what the dreams actually turned out to be."- Martha A Cheves, Author of Stir, Laugh, Repeat
- Five Flowers is set in England, France, and the United States.
- Dragonfly Dreams in the present takes place in Oregon, Washington, and Scotland. The past life regressions go back to Scotland, England, Kansas, and the Little Big Horn River in Montana.
- Deception Past: Sand is born in Memphis, Tennessee. As a child her family moves to Hunstville, Alabama, where most of the story takes place. Her high school friend Isabel Akbey moves back and forth between Huntsville and the Pensacola, Florida, area.
Reviews of Deception Past
- "Deception Past, is a unique novel of reincarnation and past life identity theft told through tarot cards, as those involved learn to resolve betrayal with forgiveness."-New York Times
- "Deception Past, a unique novel of reincarnation and past life mysteries, tells the mind-bending story of a woman reborn with the name Sand."-ForeWord Reviews
- "Sand's mantra: No one is unforgivable. No one is unlovable."-Leading Edge Review
- "Franki deMerle wrote one of the most thought provoking books I have read in a long time. Deception Past made you think about society, history, and the tendency we as humans have of deceiving ourselves throughout our life. It covers birth, death, and reincarnation, leaving one wondering about life, death, and our purpose here on this earth. I highly recommend this book to everyone who is interested in human nature or just interesting thoughts. Kudos to Ms. deMerle for her courage in taking on such a interesting subject." -Marta Moran-Bishop
- "Great story! I gave it to my Mom and she cannot put it down. Beautiful story and message."-Elizabeth Weininger Frakes
- "A tale written straight from the heart."-Karen VunKannon
- "There is so much to like about it. Some of my favorite parts are the narrative philosophical entries about the need for peace; just allowing time to take you on the journey of life."-Victoria Lindstrom
Past Life Memories
- Sometimes children remember their past lives, like Sand, the main character of this story. She remembers having worked for the French Resistance in World War II. This puts her in conflict with the religious beliefs of mainstream society.
- Sometimes people remember their past lives through their dreams. Sand's friend, Chrissie, remembers writing poetry in 19th century Amherst, Massachusetts, as Emily Dickinson.
- Sometimes people identify themselves with the wrong person: past life identity theft. Sand finally learns her past life identity when a former friend claims it as her own.
- Some dreams are premonitions. Sand experiences these.
- Sometimes the same dream is shared by different people. Three women in the story have the same dream, but each interprets it differently leading them to make completely different choices.
Tarot Card Meanings
- Sand's story is told by Brenda Campbell through the symbolism of her Tarot cards. The book is twenty-two chapters. Each chapter uses the meaning of one of the twenty-two Major Tarot to tell the story. The cards are not used for fortune telling, but rather for what they represent.
- There are so many different renditions of the Tarot these days, but all trace their roots back to some basic symbols. The artistic diversity is a testament to human creativity. Brenda uses her own deck, but she never mentions which deck that is.
RIPPLES ON THE SURFACE, my first collection of poetry, 1969-2006. Second edition will be released early 2013.
And such a blessing
That here should linger
A resting leaf
Upon my finger
A snowflake may seem drowned and lost
But look again at fresh formed frost
A bit of snow has been reborn
Child of the Universe, a second collection of poetry by Franki deMerle, AVAILABLE ON ORDER PAGE.
Author's Note: "I began writing poetry in my dreams when I was about 14 years old. Eventually, I would wake up as I was writing, and finally I learned to write while conscious ... I don't presume to know whence some of these thoughts arise, but I feel safe in saying they come from the unconscious ... I write to express deep emotions, sort out what disturbs me, and express moments of peace and clarity."
I am no longer afraid of my worst
No longer deluded by promise of gain
I am but one in the verse
The Magician of Lhasa by David Mitchie (also The Dalai Lama's Cat; The Art of Purring; The Power of Meow)
The Art of Racing In the Rain by Garth Stein
The Star Rover by Jack London
The Reincarnationist & The Memorist & The Hypnotist by MJ Rose
Cloud Atlas by David Mitchell
Through the Third Eye by Lynn Boston (more books at http://bit.lyr94dT2 )
A Wish in Time by Laurel Bradley
The Rozabal Line by Ashwin Sanghi
The Three Gentlemen by A. E. W. Mason
I Remember Love by Mollie Hardwick
Threads by Nell Gavin
A Poet's Journey: Emotions by Marta Moran Bishop
Where Biology and Reincarnation Intersect by Dr Ian Stevenson
Life Before Life by Dr Jim B Tucker, University of Virginia
Marilyn Monroe Returns and By Love Reclaimed: Jean Harlow Returns to Clear Her Husband's Name by Dr Adrian Finkelstein (please see Author page for more)
Looking Out the Back Door: Visions of Past Lives by Ann Richardson Davis
Soul Survivor by Bruce and Andrea Leininger with Ken Gross
The Return of Marie Joelle by Christiane Angibeau-Thompson
Looking for Carol Beckwith by Captain Robert L Snow
Someone Else's Yesterday by Jeffrey J Keene
Children's Past Lives by Carol Bowman
Strangers in the Land of Confusion by Dr. Morris Netherton & Past Life Therapy Center
Love Is the Best Medicine by Dr Nick Trout
Beyond the Ashes by Rabbi Yonassan Gershom
Wheel of a Soul by Rav P.S. Berg
The Soul Genome by Paul Von Ward
Another Place, Another Time by C.D. Montana
Her Dead Husband: The Overthrow of Fate, Time and Death by Alexandre de Séve
The Returning & Murdering Point by Russell Perry